Frequently Asked Questions


  • What is the size and capacity of the basement? 

    The space boasts 150 square metres split over two rooms. The main room is 100 square metres. At this size we can cater for 260 standing or 175 seated guests comfortably. Please see our Floor Plan here.

  • What features and amenities does the space have?

    -Blackout or natural light well
    -13 amp sockets throughout
    -1 x 32 amp single phase connection
    -Concrete floor throughout
    -Flown Tri Truss
    -Clothes rails
    -Fridges and bar apparatus
    -W-Fi throughout

  • How do I secure my booking?

    Bookings are secured upon payment of 50% of the total booking fee, plus submission of a transaction receipt or screen shot. The remainder of the fee must be paid before doors open for your event.

  • What services and staff are included within the cost of my booking?

    All options include:

    -Cleaning before and after event
    -I AM security guards (dependent on number of attendees)
    -Venue Manager (for night-time events)
    -Cloak room attendant (£2 item/£3bags)
    -Toilet attendants (if required)

  • What equipment and audio-visual services are included as part of my booking?

    - 4 point Sound System (Funktion One + Martin Audio, 2 x R2s, 2 x 218, 2 x F15s, XTA Processor, Blackline 3 Processor, 2 x E25s, 1 x E45, 1 x QSC amp, 2x Mackie SRM450v2 Stage Monitors, Formula Sound limiter)
    - Sound check with sound and lighting engineer at an agreed time
    - Lighting and haze machine, strobe etc. (if required)
  • What is your alcohol policy?

    We are an unlicensed event space, which means to sell alcohol or host late-night events we have to apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN). We have a limited allocation of TENs available for each year, so there is a premium cost to hire the space with a TEN.

    On the successful procurement of a TEN, you have two options:
    -Dry Hire (you install the bar, provide all stock and bar staff and keep all profits)
    -Wet Hire (you pay a deposit, we install, stock and staff the bar, and you receive a return depending on turnover).

  • What is the alcohol and ticket policy for an unlicensed event?

    For unlicensed events, no money is to change hands between you and your guests for licensable goods (bar etc.) activities or services (amplified music etc.) on or off site relating to this event. You cannot sell tickets to an unlicensed event or sell alcohol. 

    You are able to provide a free or sponsored bar, or invite guests to bring their own alcohol.

  • Can you sell tickets for an unlicensed event that isn't music focused?

    License restrictions on the selling of tickets only apply for events which involve the performance of live music, whether a DJ, concert or other live act. For all other types of events you can sell tickets online and on the door without a the need for license.

  • What is your cancellation policy?
    Cancellation Terms (applies to all funds that have been transferred at the time of cancellation):

    - Client cancellation: Over 90 days before the date of the event 100% refund, 90 days and under 66% refund, 60 days and under 33% refund. 30 days and under NO REFUND.
    - Venue cancellation: The Hoxton Basement reserves the right to cancel events and contacts. In event of this happening the client will be given a full refund. All refunds will be provided within 30 days of cancellation notice from either party.

  • Is the venue fit for catering?

    We do not have catering facilities on site however we can arrange for catering equipment to be brought in from local catering providers at a reasonable rate for you without taking any commission.